Cotton flour sack tea towels are my absolute favourite within the kitchen however they want a little bit of pizzazz too. With the assistance of some cloth paint and a lino block or stamp, this easy undertaking provides some sunshine to kitchen chores. For this weekend’s undertaking, seize some supplies and make a few of your personal. WARNING: printing is addictive. Quickly you can be doing napkins, placemats, desk cloths, curtains, clothes….
1. Combine up your paint color utilizing cloth paints that are supposed to warmth set to resist washing and use. Roll jus
t a wee little bit of paint onto your stamp or block. Somewhat goes an extended, good distance however an excessive amount of paint will make your print gloopy (i.e.: bleed outdoors of your supposed design).
2. Arrange your printing space by folding the outdated towel over a couple of occasions and protecting it with the plastic bag. That is so there’s a little bit of give under the material you can be stamping, making certain a pleasant even switch.
3. On a bit of paper or some scrap cloth, do a check print in your bag/towel block to make sure you get the colour and the quantity of paint wanted proper. I didn’t just like the double stem on my authentic design so I adjusted the prime earlier than printing the material. Just like the outcomes? Then on to the subsequent step.
4. Time to print your cloth! Stamp it such as you did the paper and put aside to dry.
5. The ultimate step is to warmth set your lovely creations with a dry iron for about 5-10 minutes. As soon as that’s carried out, your tea towel can be utilized, washed, and dried.
Right here is the ultimate design from the linoleum block that I carved (which by the way in which can also be addictive!):
And right here is the outcome from a rubber stamp: