Seaside lovers will get pleasure from these pleasant beeswax seashell candles, which look proper at house in a glass terrarium crammed with sand. I reside close to the ocean and like to gather shells every time I go to the seaside so I’ve lots simply ready to be crafted into one thing particular. Seashell beeswax tea lights are an exquisite option to create mementos of particular journeys to the seaside or holidays by the ocean.
If you happen to don’t have a set of discovered seashells and don’t reside close to the ocean, you should buy them at your native craft retailer inexpensively.
- Clam or oyster shells, deep sufficient to carry some wax, comparable measurement to a tea mild
- A double boiler
- Waxed and wired tea mild wicks with tabs
- Ornamental sand and small seashells
- Glass bowl
1. Soften the beeswax in a double boiler. Hold an in depth watch on it in order that it may be poured as quickly because it’s fully liquid.
2. Put together the seashells by washing them totally and setting them as you need to fill them in a tray crammed with sand. The sand will assist to maintain the shells in place whereas the wax is poured and units.
3. Fastidiously pour wax into the shells, ensuring that they keep degree and wax doesn’t pour over the sides.
4. Place a wick within the middle of every one. The wicks are brief and will simply keep in place.
5. Let the seashell tea lights cool and treatment for 24 hours undisturbed.
When they’re prepared, make candle terrariums by filling the glass bowl with ornamental sand and shells and setting the tea lights inside.
You could possibly additionally experiment with coloured sand. I personally just like the pure look of my white-sand terrariums, however I can see how somewhat pop of colour might add some enjoyable to this show as properly. Pastel blues, purples, greens, and pinks would possibly make these terrariums really feel extra mermaidy.